Due to the developing Coronavirus (COVID-19)
virus issue the following changes are occurring:
The Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC Region 4) will be closed until further notice.
This closure will include our Fayette, Greene, Washington and Westmoreland locations.
You may still reach us by phone, fax, or e-mail as listed below.
Child care providers who applied for a waiver to operate may remain operational while awaiting a decision regarding the waiver.
Looking for child care? Please visit www.findchildcare.pa.gov. This website will help parents who are looking for open and operating child care providers in the yellow counties. This website will list all providers in yellow counties with a current certificate of compliance and also identify providers who decided to remain closed despite their ability to open during the yellow phase.
Effective July 1, 2020, CCW payments will continue to child care providers, with the exception of the following:
- Providers who have been closed by Certification due to a negative sanction.
- Providers who have reported permanent closure.
- Providers who serve school-age only children and are closed for the summer.
Providers who are eligible will continue to be paid based on enrollment, as of March 13, for those children who remain eligible for CCW through normal invoicing and payment methods.
In most cases the ELRC is not terminating CCW eligibility for families during the COVID-19 pandemic, however, there are some instances where eligibility must end. During the COVID-19 pandemic, adverse actions will continue to occur for the following circumstance:
- Over income
- Loss of appeal
- Child turns 13
- Family moves out of Pennsylvania
- Family assets over $1 million
- Intentional fraud
- TANF cases determined ineligible by the County Assistance Office
- Not meeting the work requirements at redetermination, if a parent/caretaker has a job to return to but chooses not to return to work.
- Delinquent Copayment for families whose children are attending child care, but are delinquent in paying the copayment.
In addition, the ELRC can terminate eligibility if the family voluntarily withdraws from the CCW program.
Providers will no longer be paid for children for whom an adverse action was issued.
This policy will be in effect through August 31, 2020.